Sunday, July 13, 2008

Just 48 Days!

For the past 100 days or so, the sporting world has been lacking. Yes, I had the Jazz season to watch, but for so long, I've had to endure a world without football. I log onto espn.com now, and there is almost nothing to look at. The NBA season is done, and all that is left is major league baseball. Don't get me wrong, I can get into post season baseball. But, the regular season is just way too long. The baseball season is over 150 games long!!! So, tell me.....how can any person get interested in a single regular season baseball game???? I mean, you can watch it, and if your team loses, you can just say, well, there's always another 150 more games to try and win. It's lame.

I do have one thing to tie me over for the next month and a half. The summer olympics in Bejing begin in about a month. I love the Summer Olympics!!! Gymnastics, swimming, and track & field can be way cool. It doesn't get much better than cheering for your country to take out some communist country in a competitive event. This year, it should be cool to see Phelps win some more Gold Medals in swimming, for the US of A.

But football! Aww, football. It's the perfect sport. The season is just 16 games long. That means, that each and every week is a completely win or die situation. And you can see it on the field. In sports like baseball or basketball, many players can take a game off. But with football, players can't afford to take too much time off. Every play, players are sacrificing their bodies and pushing their bodies to the limit! It's great.

So, in just 48 days, the sporting world will be beautiful again. The 49ers start another season, and BYU begins a season, where many experts are expecting them to crash the BCS party. Things should be very interesting this season. Bring on the pig skin!!!

No comments: