Sunday, July 27, 2008

Depressed

I just came to a realization. My next stretch of vacation isn't going to come for 5 months. That's 150 days! How did I do this to myself. I have one vacation day, and the day after Thanksgiving planned, to take off. But other than that, I'm going to have to wait until the end of December to have a week off. For the first time in like 9 years, I have planned to take the week of Christmas off, for vacation. But, how am I to get through that huge stretch? How did I oversee this huge stretch? Well, when Christmas comes around, I will probably be grateful, but until then, things could get rough!!!!

5 comments:

Jeanna said...

Poor Matty. Okay there is Labor day in there too. There's Thanksgiving. It won't be too bad!

Plus, a mental health day now and then will do a body and soul some good!

Cote Corner said...

just be glad you HAVE vacation to take. Justin wont get vacation again for another YEAR! Things could ALWAYS be worse.

Holley said...

I know how you feel! I'm really ready for some vacation myself as the pressures of life have been really mounting. But there is no rest for the weary... maybe that's because in my previous life I was wicked. And so Heavenly Father is keeping me out of mischief by having me work so hard that all I have time for is sleep, and even that gets interrupted by life. You know that scripture about idle hands..... I'm blathering because I'm sleep and vacation deprived.

Julie J. said...

I love you Matty and I appreciate all the sacrifices you make for our family. You are a hard worker and that is an admirable quality. Sam and I are lucky to have you. I say we save up and take a real and true vacation next year. One where we actually go somewhere!

Kathy said...

OK - this isn't about "Depressed" -but I just read your quote of the day and I had to say "let's hear it for Ferris Bueller!"
Love, Aunt Kathy