Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Vampires and Jane Austen

I don't get it. What is the fascination? Why does it seem that every woman on planet earth is completley obsessed with these two topics? I've watched "Pride & Prejudice" and "Becoming Jane". These are too dang long, and very dry! Honestly........those movies can go on for what seems like days and days, and absolutely nothing happens. All you watch, is completely garbled up conversations, and prissy people.

Every vampire movie that I've seen has been disappointing and lame. Why did Bram Stoker curse us with this ridiculous idea of people that suck blood. Who cares?!

So, I ask, why? Maybe I'll never understand the fascination, just like Julie will never understand my, and other guys fascination, with sports.

7 comments:

Matthew Johnson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy said...

I'm shocked you'd dare to diss Jane Austen. The heat must be getting to you.

Jeanna said...

Don't do it...don't get all up in my face about Jane Austen. Not a healthy thing to do....

Every girl loves Jane because she writes heroines that every girl can relate to. We all want to be loved and accepted for who we are, because we are smart, witty and semi-decent looking. Not because of our social status or the money we do or don't have.

As for vampires. I really dug those books. I watched a trailer for the movie and the author of Twilight said how great the movie was, how the actors really embodied the characters, how the movie really FELT like what she wanted the books to feel like. When she said that, I realized I read the book differently and LESS DARK than she intended. I'm not sure the movie will be what I want it to be, but I will probably still see it, being as sick as I am. Before the Twilight series, I hated vampires, too.

Julie J. said...

You might feel differently if you acctually read the books.

Holley said...

Matt, Matt, Matt, we were getting along so well and then you went there. I may have to send my buddy Guido over to break your knee caps with my hardcover version of pride and prejudice.

As for vampires, I've never really seen the fascination either and I've not read THE books. I might give it a try, I wouldn't want to be close minded like this cousin of mine who shall remain nameless.

Cote Corner said...

hhmm.. i don't have a fascination with Jane Austen or vampires. Does that make me weird???

Meesa said...

I don't love Jane Austen, but I think vampires are terrific. I know your Julie prefers were-wolves though. Have you ever read any vampire books? Maybe you have to be a girl to appreciate them. The vamps are usually pretty sexy! And who doesn't appreciate that.