Monday, February 4, 2008

Enough Already!!!

Ok. I'm going to say it. I freakin' hate winter. Is it just me, or have we been in the middle of a storm now for about 10 months??? This morning I went out to my car to leave for work. It's bad enough that I have to get up at the butt-crack of dawn, while it's still dark, to get ready for work. But, I have to go out into the frozen tundra in front of our townhome, and scrape away sheets of thick ice from my car. Anyone that knows me well, knows that it takes about 150 gallons of water to clean my body, and get me through my daily rituals of getting ready for the day. First, I wake up, relieve myself, and wash my hands. Then I spray water all over my clothes before I throw them into the dryer. This serves as my iron. (My clothes look like I've pulled all of them out from under one of our couch cushions before I "iron" them in the morning, because we have two considerably sized mountains of clothes that sit behind our couch constantly). Then, I brush my teeth. Then, I jump in the shower. Then I get out, put on some of my clothes, and then I wash my hands again. (This is because I've thought about it, and your hands aren't clean when you get out of the shower. Say what you want, but your hands are in gross places while in the shower). Then, I get fully dressed, and head down stairs. I will soak my hands and rub my face several times until my face is completly wet. I don't know why, but I find this very refreshing. Once my face is wet, I will get my hair completely wet again, so I can style my hair into it's irresistable "George Clooney" look. So............after I've basically taken two showers and washed my hands two or three times, I will trudge out into the tundra to scrape off my car. Needless to say, this is not fun, and very cold. I freakin' hate it.
So, my question is, when is it going to warm up again? When will I be able to walk out and get the mail again, without feeling the need to all out sprint to my mailbox because of sheer survival skills kicking in??? Will I ever be able to use my barbecue again? What does the sun really feel like? One day I'll know.....until then, I guess I'll just have to tell stories of what the sun was like to Sam....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sam, when I was your age the sun used to shine and it was beautiful. We used to feel all warm on our backs, it was the most pleasant feeling. We used to turn on the BBQ out back and grill us up some fine beef, all while the sun actually made sweat drip off our foreheads. I swear, it's true! One day you will feel it and you will smile a radiant smile and know this was what I taught you all those years ago.

Dude, the hand washing? (Sing the following to Donny and Marie's I'm a little bit country, he's a little bit Rock and Roll)

I'm a little bit schizo, he's a little bit OCD.

All my love!! :)

Becky said...

It's funny how people with OCD all have different issues. I don't think any of them have the same obsessive compulsive habits. Interesting.

Cote Corner said...

no kidding! Justin and I have been talking about the same thing for the last week or so. WE ARE SSOOO READY FOR SUMMER! But we have to wait another 2 1/2 months until it even STARTS to warm up a little. Justin was just saying if we could afford it that he would want to go back to cali, just for the weather. We didn't know what we had, til' it was taken away!!! :)
BTW: You know you can change your settings so that we don't have to type in a word verification every time we send you a message right?

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Dear Sam, when I was your age I lived in Beautiful Sunny California where the weather was so nice ALL year long. Maybe somedays we might have to put on a sweatshirt, but very rarely.....Oh Zion, beautiful Zion!
PS - remind your dad that at least he has a home (to take a shower in), and he has food to eat (after he's washed his hands again of course), and a car to go to work in (after he unburies it from the snow), and a job to go to (after his bizarre morning rituals)! :) Count your many blessings!

Matthew Johnson said...

Hey Jenny!

How is the clan? Is Ben staying out of trouble? It was great hearing from you.

Matthew Johnson said...

OCD??? Schizo???? Laugh it up.......but just remember when you're all dying of the bird flu and I'm as healthy as an ox......... :)jk. Hey Amy, how do I get this word verification thing off?

Julie J. said...

Hey! I agree with everyone. Matt is crazy and needs counseling and it is FOOSCHNIKIN' cold out there. Matt-My only question is- In describing your morning mania, why did you leave out your love affair with the fan and how you dance in front of it singing BOOTYLICIOUS?

Becky said...

Julie...I'm glad you added that part about the fan...we can all die satisfied with know the whole story! Geeze Louise!

Matt...healthy as an ox eh? Who is the only one I know that got the horrible crypto this summer? Who is the only one in our family that was a victim of that horrible epidemic? Hmmmm....I think it was the OCD ox! Interesting. ;-)