Saturday, December 15, 2007

Sa-weet Website!!!!


When I was a kid, I religiously watched Punky Brewster and Silver Spoons. I remember watching Punky Brewster EVERY day after school. Julie's show as a kid was Little House on the Prairie.

Inevitably, after several great seasons, just about every show will try something in desperation, to bring the ratings back up, and bolster up new watchers.

For any of you out there that watched Happy Days, there was an episode several seasons in, that "The Fonz" was water skiing (in his leather jacket of course),came upon a shark, and jumped over it, while skiing.... Well, needless to say, that's pretty lame. Because of this ridiculous sequence of events in that episode, 40 years later a website has been built, called "Jump the Shark."

Some shows are considered good enough to have never "Jumped the Shark". But most, unfortunately, have fallen victim to ratings desperation. On Silver Spoons, the main character , Ricky Schroder, went through puberty and became "Rick". Punky Brewster however, is considered to have never "jumped". For Julies show, Little House on the Prairie, it jumped when the Ingles moved to the city.

From same character/different actor, to a birth or death, to a new kid in town, many shows eventually fall. If you're curious to see if your childhood show ever "Jumped the Shark", check out this website at:


http://www.jumptheshark.com/index.jspa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved Happy Days, I did. I can't help it. I think they also jumped the shark when the spun off Joanie Loves Chachie, yikes. I have to check out the website now but Little House was one of my favs. I wonder if Dukes of Hazzard every jumped, or Solid Gold. :)

Love Boat, Fantasy Island? Anyone?

Becky said...

Dude! You posted a picture of your dad water skiing in a leather jacket!?!? Wycked!

Cote Corner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.