Saturday, December 29, 2007

Homeowner

I really shouldn't complain about it, but I need to vent. Being a Homeowner has so many advantages. For example, walking around in my skibby's at any hour of the day is HEAVENLY!!! Waking up whenever I want is great!!! Also, deciding when I'm going to clean is great too. Also, nothing beats coming home after work to your own home. There's just something to be said about having your very own sanctuary.

BUT.............doing maintenance on your home SUCKS!!! I'm freakin' sick as a dog the last few days. I have a headache, my throat is buggin', and when I smile too big, it feels like my lips could literally split in half because they are so chapped. On top of this, our tub is leaking. I know this because our floor has two black spots by the tub, which leads us to beleave that our tub is leaking water onto the floor boards under our linoleum. So, today, despite my nasty cold, I have to lay on the bathroom floor, along with who knows what else from little Sammy's trips to the bathroom, and re-caulk our bathtub, so the leaking will stop.

Just for the fact that I have a house to repair, I shouldn't complain. Life could be much, much worse. :)

4 comments:

Julie J. said...

The Caulk job looks great! Thanks!

Jeanna said...

Good Job Matty! Being a homeowner really does mean having to do the dirty work because there is no one else to do it. But I do love the skivvies part, that's my fav part of being a homeowner. When houseguests come it is a bummer because I no longer get to prance about unclothed. :) TMI, I know.

Cote Corner said...

even though I'm not a home owner I know what you mean about running around in your under roos!! Since we have had guests that's the hardest part! :) You're right... you are blessed to have a home. But you're also right that it SUCKS to have to maintain it. We had water bursting out of our tubs faucet cause it broke. I turned off the water, called the Nohrs and even though I had to call someone to come fix it.. THEY paid for it! SWEET!!

The Wells said...

Great job on keeping up with the "fix-ups". Just don't let it get like ours and have to tear out the whole thing and start over! Not Fun!!!