Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving

This week, I thought I'd talk about things I appreciate and love in life. So often, I can tend to complain about things and dwell on the stupid little things that really don't matter, so here's a list of things I love:

I'm so thankful for my wife, Julie. What a beautiful person she is!!!! She is such a blessing in my life. She is truly the best thing that has ever happened to me. Heavenly Father has blessed me so much more than I am deserving.








































I'm thankful for Sammy! He is a good kid, and I don't understand how he turned out this way. It must be because of Julie. He makes me want to be a better person.















I'm grateful for a warm, comfortable home. What a blessing it is to have a refuge from everything. On a long day, it is awesome to be able to come home, to a place I can call my own and relax with my family.















I'm grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. What a blessing it is to have guidance in this chaotic world. To have a blueprint for myself and my family to be able to live together forever.
















I'm so grateful for humor! It can easily lighten most burdens. Nothing feels better to me than laughing so hard that I cry hysterically. It's not as often as I'd like, but when it happens, I feel like a million bucks!! Anyone that knows me well, knows that I can sometimes act ridiculous..........















I'm so grateful for my family. This Thanksgiving, we had the opportunity to spend a lot of time with my family, and Sam had the chance to get to know his cousins a lot better. What a blessing it is to have support from them. Not everyone is shown in these pics, but you get the idea......











I'm also grateful for sports. Some people see this as boring or unnecessary, but I love it! The buzzer-beater, the last second hail-mary, and the bottom of the 9th home run. All awesome!!!

There have been times in my life where things have come into focus - when things are clear, and all of the lame things that I tend to complain about or let consume my thoughts are pushed to the side, and I realize what is really important. I hope that I can be a grateful person more often! It seems that the happier people that I've known are grateful for their blessings and have put the truly important things in the forefront of their lives. I hope I can do this more now and in the future.

5 comments:

Julie J. said...

Hahaha, You are grateful for sports?! I love you and I am so grateful for you too!
XOXOXOX

Jeanna said...

Harold says he likes those moments in sports, because they are the end of the game!

I heard someone say recently that anyone filled with gratitude is never unhappy.

I loved your post Matty, you are the best!

Holley said...

Well said my cousin friend! I'm grateful to have you in my family and for your lighthearted way of looking at things. You have always been a clown and the world needs more people like you to make us not take things so seriously. You really did get lucky in the wife department and Sam is adorable.

Becky said...

Awesome post Matt! You are weird and that is why you are so likable. If you were normal...I don't think I'd like you. I can't know for sure though. I'm so grateful my siser duped you into marrying her and I'm so grateful you fell for it.

Becky said...

And...if you ever give me advice that involves snuggling with Toby or anything that involves me actually touching Toby...I'm gonna have to hurt you! I threw up a little in my mouth! GOSH!