Thursday, November 15, 2007

Save any room for dessert???

I thought today I would discuss one of my favorite things in life: FOOD! I love food way too much!!! And I don't care. I don't care that I eat my favorite foods until I'm physically ill. I don't care that I drink way too much soft drinks, and I don't care that I'm completely addicted to fast food. Kevin James aptly described the party that he has in his head when he's sitting in a restaurant and he sees the food that he ordered coming his way. THAT IS ME!!!

So, why the obsession? I don't know. I could blame it on the fact that the security my parents put in place over the good food in the house would rival most missile silos. I could blame it on my compulsive personality. But why? Why not just call it as it is...........DEEP LOVE AND ADMIRATION.


So, in honor of my second love today, the first being my wife, I'm going to leave you with a tribute that I made up. If you've ever watched the sound of music, than you'll recognize this. To get the full effect, you need to read below to the tune of "My favorite things". Hope you enjoy!

Sprinkles on cookies and frosting on cupcakes
Hot mashed potato's and big, fat new york steaks
Huge "Secret Santa" plates tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored pudding and warm bear claw strudels
Pasta shells, pickles(dill) and soy sauce with noodles
Good waiters that fly with my order on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things

Huge bowls of chips with assorted dips and ranches
Family members that stay out of my secret food stashes
Steamed, sweet king crab legs and hot onion rings
These are a few of my favorite things

When the pants are tight
When the food bill stings
When the cupboards look sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap, did you write that? You must have because no one loves crab legs like you do. And bear claws? That is a johnson family love affair for sure.

That was amazing, nice poetry dude.

Holley said...

That was awesome... however I gained 20 pounds by sheer osmosis from reading all of your favorites, most of which I share. Bear claws are not just a Johnson family fave, McGivens crave them too!

Cote Corner said...

that's crazy Matt!! Why do all of us Johnsons LOVE food?? i dunno.. but Justin is always saying how all of our family traditions are centered around food!! All I have to say to that is.. SO?!?

Matthew Johnson said...

Man, nothing beats a warm bear claw!!! But they're so dang expensive now!!! Like $6 for a package???

Anonymous said...

Hidy ho matt, Long time no talk. I love your blog. As far as the $250 millon dollars, i would actually pay off my house and get a new car and maybe give you a millon to buy a new one for your self. Love your sister in Law-Law, Burgandy