Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sam

I was hanging out with Peter and Bruce yesterday. Pete told me something that happened yesterday that totally cracked me up......

Lately, our VCR has been hungry. It's started to eat tapes. The other day, Sam put a tape in of his Grandma Alger's. It was the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie. Unfortunately, the VCR ate the movie and completely tore the tape ribbon in half, so the movie is useless.

So, yesterday Julie and Sam were at her parents house, helping them clean up their yard. I had run out to do the weekly grocery shopping. Any ways, while Julie and Sam were there, Julie wanted Sam to tell his Grandma Alger about the tape. Naturally, Sam wasn't excited about telling his Grandma that her tape was ruined. Julie said, "Sam, tell grandma the bad news." So, Sam said, "Obama Won". HILARIOUS!

I honestly don't know where he gets this stuff. Julie and I haven't really discussed politics in front of him this year, so I'm not sure where he came up with that. This is just another example of the funny kid we have the blessing of having in our family. I love that boy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Kids are so stinkin' great, and Sam takes the cake. A friend of mine who voted for Obama had her kids IMPLORING her not to vote for Obama. She was ticked. The funny part is they hear all kinds of crazy rumors about Obama that probably started in the white supremacist rumor mill. Anyway, my point is that kids talk at school and they pass on crazy things they hear.

jeanna

Julie J. said...

The really funny thing is that Sam's class held a little election and Sam voted for Obama and he really thinks his vote helped him win.

Jeanna said...

That is pretty cute. Go Sam, way to exercise your right to vote!!

Holley said...

Oh my goodness! I think we should start grooming Sam to be a future president. He's already got the quick wit and smarts!

Sam Johnson 2028

Cote Corner said...

what a cute kid!