Monday, August 18, 2008

The Olympics


I love the olympics!!! Does it get any better than watching athletes at peak performance, battling for country bragging rights??? Michael Phelps and U.S. Swimming. Anyone who had the oppoortunity to see the Mens 4x100 freestyle relay, cannot deny that this is the best moment of the olympics so far. Simply amazing! As I watched the race, I was laying in bed. Then, I was sitting upright in bed, and then I was hopping up and down on my keester, on my bed, screaming at the tv. Also, Phelps' 100M butterfly win, by 1/100 of a second was another crazy race.













Also, the Men's 100 Meter final was this past weekend. The winner was Usain Bolt, from Jamaica. This race, is basically, "the fastest man on the planet", race. Those guys were cookin'! And, Usain was ahead by so much, that he basically trotted in for the last 10 meters of the race, and he turned to the crowd with his arms outstretched. It was way cool.

Then, there's the U.S. Womens Gymnastics team. Does it get any better to have our girls whoop up on those under aged Chinese Girls??? Yeah, the Chinese have won their fair share of medals this go around, in gymnastics, but our girls have kicked trash. And, Nastia is completely clutch.

Also, (knock on wood), it looks like the mens U.S. Basketball team is on track to finally take back what's rightfully ours. We just beat Germany by 49 points today.



If you're not watching the olympics, you are truly missing out!!!! I can't remember when the olympics were this good!

4 comments:

Cote Corner said...

As you know, I've loved the olympics this time around too. There have been so many close races and that's what makes it exciting!!

Jeanna said...

I am so bummed about missing the 'lympics. I told H that there are only 2 times I want the tv hooked up, 1. conference. and 2.'lympics.

Bummed and distraught in Payson.

Kathy said...

Go USA! We love the Olympics and are totally sleep deprived over them. Sooooo tired! But so exciting.

On the quote of the day - "Inconceivable"

Julie J. said...

New quote of the day - Dumb and Dumber?