Monday, January 21, 2008

Politics

Is it just me, or are politics this time around a lot more interesting than normal? I don't know......maybe I'm finally growing up or something, but things just seem a lot more interesting now. From the primary, to delegates, to everything else. It's crazy! We quite possibly could have an African American president, a woman president (Satan's Lap Cat), or an LDS president. Things are definitely intriguing these days. I honestly feel like these elections could carry more and more weight as times keep changing. In a world where male and female roles are being challenged, boundaries with the family are being questioned, and moral questions are being debated, politics are going to be so vital to how things develop.

A month or so ago, I watched part of a debate on tv between some of the candidates. A question was asked about whether the candidates believed EVERYTHING that is in the Bible. It was interesting to see how the candidates answered that question.

I've never been one to preach about politics. I don't claim to know anything near what I need to know to even suggest a candidate to vote for, or anything like that. But, I do know that things are getting interesting! Just an observation......

5 comments:

Julie J. said...

Yeah, it has been kinda entertaining.

Cote Corner said...

like you said I imagine it is pretty interesting this time because of who is running. We've never had such a diversified (sp?) group of people running for president all at once. CRAZY! Though I'd like Romney to win, I don't think it's going to happen. We'll see....

Anonymous said...

I have been way more interested myself, reading the news, reading blogs about it. In fact, I actively read one particular blog every day, multiple times a day. It is also interesting to see how the media treats particular candidates. So biased, so very biased.

Becky said...

Yes. Very interesting. And I agree with Jeanna, the media definitely has their own political agenda. Sometimes it bugs me so much, I can't watch or listen. But, that's only when they are biased in a way I don't agree with. When the demos are getting slammed or doing stupid stuff and that's all the media shows...I'm ok with that.

Yes. I agree. Hillary Clinton is definitely Satan's Lap Cat.

What is cool about Mitt Romney running is that even if he doesn't win...it has been great exposure for the church. It is warming people of to the idea of having a President who is LDS. It has at the very least got people thinking and wondering about what we believe. Again, even if he doesn't win...I don't think a President of the US that is LDS is too far in the future. Not that it's "necessary"...I just think it is very possible.

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Oh, Matty, you are growing up! Does this mean there's hope for Ben? :)